Holy Mass Times
Sunday Holy Mass
Join us for Catholic Holy Mass on the UMass Lowell campus every Sunday! All are welcome to attend.
Holy Mass is celebrated at 7:00 p.m. every Sunday at University Crossing in Moloney Hall 260
Please see our Facebook Page for updates on Mass times.
Learn more about Holy Mass here.
Holy Days of Obligation
Holy Days of Obligation are special days of celebration throughout the year that Catholics attend Mass with the same obligation as each Sunday. In the United States, these 10 days are:
- January 1, The Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God
- Thursday of the Sixth Week of Easter, The Solemnity of the Ascension
- August 15, The Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- November 1, The Solemnity of All Saints
- December 8, The Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception
- December 25, The Solemnity of the Nativity of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Whenever January 1 the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God) or August 15 (the Solemnity of the Assumption) or November 1 (the Solemnity of All Saints) falls on a Saturday or on a Monday, there is no requirement to attend Mass.
Guide to Receiving Holy Communion
Everyone is welcome to attend Holy Mass and the activities of the Catholic Student Union at UMass Lowell.
However, Catholics believe that Jesus is truly present in the Eucharist, Body, Blood, Soul, and divinity. If someone is not in communion with the Catholic Church the Church asks him or her to refrain from going up at Mass to receive the Eucharist because the Eucharistic communion is a sign of unity in faith.